For more than 20 years, CSDC has played a pivotal role in delivering innovative financing and providing support and assistance to charter schools. As a CDFI Loan Fund, CSDC proactively invests in K-12 public charter schools in educationally and economically underserved communities that often become the nexus around which those communities begin to revitalize, with a concentration on new and early-stage schools.
CSDC is a proud member of the Opportunity Finance Network® (OFN),the nation’s leading network of high-performing CDFIs. As the only CDFI in the country focused exclusively on the facility and financing needs of charter school organizations, CSDC helps charter school entrepreneurs and leaders finance, build and expand their school facilities with the goal of ultimately increasing school choice and student achievement.
CSDC offers the following loan products:
- Short to Medium-term loans for the acquisition, development, construction, renovation or expansion of educational facilities
- Debt Refinancing
- Leasehold Improvement Loans
- Senior, Subordinate or Tenant Improvement Loans
CSDC’s lending guidelines generally adhere to the following terms:
- Minimum loan size – $100,000
- Maximum loan size – $2,000,000
- Term – 1-5 years
- Amortization – up to 15 years
- Interest only period – Yes
- Interest rates – Competitive and fixed at closing
Prospective and current clients can confidently rely on CSDC’s expertise in identifying and addressing their unique challenges and circumstances. CSDC’s tailored development services increase each school’s capacity to plan and manage their finances to meet their facility needs while maximizing the dollars available for classroom teaching and learning.
Support and Assistance
An integral part of CSDC’s mission as a CDFI is to provide counseling to both prospective and client schools, enabling schools to take maximum advantage of CSDC’s financial expertise and services.
CSDC’s development services generally address the following areas, and can be customized to each client:
- Financial modeling
- Growth and business planning
- Cash flow analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost benefit analysis
- Best practices in financial and business management